We always go to Temple Square in Dec. to see the lights and its sooooo cold and crowded that we don't even enjoy it. All we can think or care about is getting hot chocolate afterwards. Brayden didn't have school on Monday and we needed to get out of the house, so we decided to do something different and take traxs to Temple Square. We originally were going to meet Loren for lunch, but he wasn't available so we just went anyway and enjoyed ourselves. The kids loved it and it was soooo nice, no crowds, weather was good and we got to see/ hear lots of neat things.
I wanted to get a picture of the kids standing next to the statue of Christ, so that I could print it off and display it in their rooms. Well, Kate was scared of Christ and would just bury her head in Scott's shoulder. She would just day "scare you, scare you". Brayden was shy, cause their were other people around and wouldn't get off the bench. Soo, no picture there, but they did pose here for a picture. Little stinkers!!

I didn't even know this was there (I don't know if its new or just when we have been there before its to crowded). But it's the city of Jerusalem and when you push the button it tells you were different places were. Scott found it really interesting, the kids just LOVED pushed the buttons for fun. (Yes, I think Kate is picking her nose in the picture.)

This the city, whoever built it was amazing and very patient.

Kate got a little crazy, so I had her sit on the couch. When I sat her down she said CHEESE, so I took her picture. (She's so weird sometimes)

This is them on the roof of the conference center. This was the first time we had been there.

Here is Brayden ready to board the train(traxs, we called it a train - it sounded cooler). He was so excited to ride the train and loved every minute of it.
4 comments:
That's a great idea to go there when you can actually look around and not freeze to death! That's too bad Loren wasn't available, though. Looks like they sure had a good time!
I love the scare you, scare you from Kate. She is so funny. I am glad that they loved it.
Hey Jamie!
It is great to hear from you. You look great and have such a cute little family. It has been so fun to be able to reconnect with a few old friends over the last couple of weeks. We really like it here in AZ, summer is not the most fun, but not that bad and the winters are very nice. We have lived here for 1 1/2 yrs now. I have been able to get together with Emily a few times since we moved here. I am glad you found my blog. Hopefully now we can keep in better touch!
Jacque
What a fun idea! I bet Scotty would love riding on "a train." I love going downtown Salt Lake.
Post a Comment