CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fishing

Brayden's is on fall break (UEA), we couldn't go any place cause I had to work, so we had to think of things to entertain him around here. Scott had taken the scouts fishing earlier this week and thought it would be fun to take the kids fishing. We went to a fishing pond that is pretty close to our house and the kids had a good time.
We were successful!!! Brayden was pretty proud of his fish.
They also loved feeding the ducks
They were pretty friendly and would come right on up to you to get the food. Kate didn't know what to think. Brayden and Scott checking out the fish
All the kids catch at least one fish, if not more. It was so fun to see there excitement about the fish they caught

And the fun part, gutting the fish. Scott got the pleasure and the kids liked to watch. Kate was so tired so would just lay on Scott's back. She has become quite the Daddy's girl lately.

Later that night they had a BBQ and cooked the fish. I had to go to work. Darn it :) - I didn't get to eat the fish (I don't really love to eat things I see dead), but I was told that I missed out, that they tasted really good.

9 comments:

Mindy said...

Jamie, I am so glad you found me!! I am just getting started on all this blogging stuff. Do you live in Utah County? We live in Payson. It has been fun looking at all your cute pics. Your kids are adorable!!

Holly said...

What a fun outing with their dad! Those memories will last forever:o)

Steve & Julie said...

Fish are gross! If I were you, I would be happy to have missed eating them :) Tons of fun for the kids though. I think that is a great activity that is around home and not expensive, too. Brayden looks so grown up with his fish that he caught.

Jilleen said...

That looks like they had a lot of fun. It's too bad Nate was still out-of-town when you guys went. Maybe next time!!

D/E G said...

Hey Jamie! Thanks for saying hi! I rarely comment, but I wanted to answer your questions before I'm interrupted again! We're in Arizona, and yes, Jacque lives less than thirty min away! We've only gotten together once since her third baby was born, so I'll have to call her now w/ you as an excuse. Maybe we can get her blogging too, if she's not already. Cindy Brighton also lives really near Jacque (they're both in Gilbert)! Come play w/ us! :)

Mindy said...

Hey just so you know I found Jacque on Facebook. There are quite a few people on there from High School...you can delete this once you read it. Melinda

Kirsti said...

Fun! Where is this little fishing secret of yours? Blake would love to go. Umm...about Thursdays....I guess I am not back on them until Dec. but I do work a few in Nov. I miss seeing you. Don't you ever work Saturdays anymore?

The Iowa Ross Family said...

We would love to come!! Every year at this time he says "I wish I could go see a game" Maybe some year it will come true. We just have to make a plan! I love checking up on your blog. Does Joani have one? Where does she live? I also love your Sister-in-laws photos-Jess. I remember she took Audrey's pictures once. She's really good! Your kids are goregous and this comment is getting to be kind'a long. We'll chat more later!

Jess said...

That is a big fish Brayden. Nice Job!