CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Over Due Update

Since I have been very bad at blogging I thought I would give you an "in a nutshell" update on our family.
Boden at 2 weeks
6lbs 13 oz
Brayden has been a big help, Kate thinks she is a mom, and I now have a full time job protecting Boden from her.


Boden at 2 months
10 lbs 3 oz
He is a happy baby and is smiling and cooing a lot, he also loves his tummy and is wanting to roll over. To me he is the sweetest, I love that he doesn't talk back to me:)


Kate Turned 3 in August and is still her energetic, independent, determined self. She is ll girl and love's princess's, Dora, Thinkerbell, babies, dress up and the color pink. She plays easily by herself and has a very big imagination. She plays with the weirdest things like spray bottles, kitchen utensils, wash clothes, shoes, but they entertain her for hours. We laugh because at night when Scott and I go to get in bed, we find all her treasures stuffed in our pillows or under the sheets of our bed. Because she is always making a mess, I have encouraged her to play computer games. Some days she is on the computer for 3-4 hours and she has become very good at play Nick Jr., Playhouse Disney, and PBS kids.com. The highlight of her week is going to dance class, were she has become quite the little ballerina. Instead of saying NO like most 3 year old's, she says NEVER. We love to hear her talk and see her dramatization.
Brayden just turned 7 last week and started 1st grade in August. I thought I would have a hard time with him being gone all day, but instead I found that I could get a lot done!!! Brayden has become one fun kid. We love to tease him and he loves to tease us and others. He is an awesome big brother and takes good care of Kate and Boden. He is very talented at telling jokes, reciting lines from movies, playing soccer, doing the disco, hula and rap moves. He makes a lot of people laugh jokes and dance moves. He tries really hard to be obedient, he likes to follow the Golden Rule ( he learned about in primary), serve others and make others feel good. As usually his life resolves around his friends and playing is VERY IMPORTANT to him. This year some of his friends and him made plans to start a band someday. Brayden will play the guitar and their first song is one from Baby Einstein:) This year he has really enjoyed camping and being outdoors, he looks forward to being a scout and doing more outdoor adventures with his dad.

As for Scott and I we are just trying to keep up with life and the kids. Scott was called as Young Men president in May and is enjoying being with the youth. He is still building houses and loves being able to work in our yard. I am full time mom, part-time nurse and primary specialist on the weekends(serving as second counselor). My goal is next year to do better at blogging so I can make a cool book, like Jilleen's (seeing my sister-in laws book motivated me)

2 comments:

Steve & Julie said...

Loved the post. Thanks for finally updating me :) You know, even though we see you usually a couple times a month, it's great to read all of this. I am jealous of Jilleen's book, too. Maybe I will make one someday.

Jeff and Steph said...

Congrats Jamie on your little addition. He is adorable. I agree that newborns are precious and sweet- love that they can't give you any attitude. Sounds like our little girls are alot alike also- lots of fun but keep you on your toes. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and that you start getting more sleep soon! I'm looking forward to that day. =)