CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Kindergarten Begins

I just got back from taking Brayden to his first day of Kindergarten. The only thing he was excited about starting school, was that he got to ride the bus. So I let him catch the bus today, but then meet him at school, to make sure he got to his class okay. He woke up this morning and remembered it was his first day and wanted to get ready right away and then kept asking if it was time to go. I don't know how long his excitement is going to last, but we will take it while we can.

Here is him catching the bus. We thought we missed the bus, but then the bus stopped in a different place and all the mom's and kids were running to the bus. After the bus left, all the mom's laughed at how chaotic it was. It didn't help that the bus driver was a little bit ornery.

Here they are getting off the bus, running to there classes.

I stopped them and got a picture!! Here is Brayden and his bus buddies. Left from right Zach, Kloey, Elyse and a little girl I don't know. I said hey guys let me get your picture and she came stood by the kids. She must have made friends with them on the bus?

Here he is in the class room, he is in the front of the room by the white board. As I was walking out of the class room, I look back for one last glance and saw him sitting there talking to the other kids and coloring, all happy and having a good time. I was so proud of him and yes a tear came. He's so big and is growing up to be such an awesome kid!! I can't wait to go pick him up at the bus stop in a few hours. I hope he makes it on the bus, I have Bailey helping me with that. I'll let you know how his first days went ....

6 comments:

Holly said...

You gotta love school! They all look so cute for their first day! Who does he have for a teacher?

Jilleen said...

I hope he will really love school this year. It's hard to send that first child off into the world. Good job!!

Steve & Julie said...

I seriously can't believe how old all the kids are. You are a great mom to let him ride the bus and then go meet him at school. It's good he has an older cousin to help teach him the "ropes."

Kirsti said...

So fun! Blake did just about the same thing. Brayden is lucky he has older friends and cousins to show him the way. I felt bad sending Blake all by himself with no one he knew but he really wanted to ride the bus this morning so I let him.

Sunshine said...

It's so nice when they're excited to go. I bet he will love it all year. I can't believe he's in kindergarten. It's so sad/good to watch them grow up.
So I just figured out that he & Treyce are about the same age & our girls are about the same age. We need to get together some time to play.

Lisa said...

That is so exciting! That is so cute that you let him ride the bus and then followed in the car... I would totally be doing the same thing! They are all so cute!